Shiny and New

Hey everyone!

Got my last paycheck as a full-time employee just this end of the month. (AWWW) But it's all good because pay days usually lead to an ultimate good (that was my feeble attempt to put whatever I'm learning in Philo104 into practice btw, forgive me) and that ultimate good can be none other than SHOPPING! HOHOHO! I think it's the perfect time to do so, since it's the middle of the year and that of course means MID-YEAR SALES. :>

Here's a haul on a few things I bought this week:


1. Dress from Mango (formerly P2000+ now P1000+)
This was labeled under the Mango Sportswear section probably because of the cotton-y material of the dress, but the design can pretty much suit dressy casual or low-scale smart casual events or functions. If you don't understand the difference between the two, perhaps reading a blog post on it, written by my very witty cousin. Jenny Talam, can enlighten you on the matter. :) Check her post out!


I wore this with a beige scarf and my camel flats which I bought at a bazaar few Sundays back (more on that here), and a Dior Beige sling bag. I see a few modern monochrome looks on mannequins being flashed in display windows of various stores, so I decided to give color blocking a break and try the style out. :) Was I mistaken though? And do you think I looked okay? :O Forgive me if I don't post outfit photos on what I wear during the day. I'm kinda shy to do so. Fashion isn't exactly my forte, you know. HAHA!

2. Jewelry (Silver Bangles and purple ring for P250)

While walking around in town last Saturday, I was looking around the random stalls when it occurred to me that I don't own a good pair of bangles. I've always wanted to own a few, but I just couldn't find cheap ones that suit my fancy. Finally, I was able to spot these and was super thrilled at the design and price. :) The ring came separately, but considering how everything is so overpriced these days, I would say this is a good buy, don't you think? Not the cheapest one, but it's alright. :)


spot Deb Victa!



I'm not really a fan of impulse buying plus I don't hoard things on my first paycheck, so I kept my purchases at mostly 3 items (although I still kinda did spend a lot this week since I had to pay for association dues and the maid. Oh and my own movie ticket to Transformers 3, which I watched with my family D: HOWELL!). However, I am keeping my eye on a few things when I get my next paycheck! (Which won't be as much as my last ones, but then again, what to do? Money is money!) Allow me to share my very random (or vain, if you would call it) wishlist:


1. Primer from Faceshop
Cheapest one (so far) that I've found which has good quality and suits most Asian skin types. Another reason why I like it is because Faceshop has recently been promoting their 'all-natural' beauty goods which are not only eco-friendly, but are also safe to use for the skin. According to them, their products don't contain any Paraben, an ingredient found in most makeup products which serve as a preservative, but has harmful effects on the skin in the long run. Too much paraben can lead to cancer, as I have been told. And as much as I love makeup, I really don't want that. 

(note: all that information, I learned on my own. Congrats, Faceshop. You just got a free plug-in from yours truly HAHA)

Priming the face is important before putting on makeup because it helps prep the face and creates a nice flawless canvas before application. :) SHARE KO LANG haha!

2. 88 matte palette
I realize that I have too much shimmer and glitter palettes, and not even a single matte eyeshadow color! :( Been keeping my eye on this item in particular because I remember watching my fave gurus on youtube create all these flawless looks, taking the lovely colors they're wearing from only one palette. SUPER JEALOUS LIKE HNNGGGG. 

this one's from Dollface Cosmetics -- SUPER AFFORDABLE! :)
Which is why I've kept reminding myself that i'm super going to save up for one and buy it the moment I get the chance.

3. Flash Palette by Make-Up Forever
MUA-MUST-HAVE! I can't tell you enough about the ache in my heart every time I think about not having this palette. (Haha okay, that's a little exaggerated. Please don't think that I'm not content okay?  It's just a wishlist. God, please don't strike me down. D:) I've tried going to the Make-Up Forever branch over at the Fort and asked if this was in stock, but the saleslady there just looked at me in a funny way like I was speaking gibberish, like WHUT?

*rant* MAKEUP STORES OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS, FRIENDLY TIP: please house your lovely shops with sales people who show the least bit of interest in makeup. It's so hard to talk to people who don't get you, you get me? It's so sad to walk into a store greeted apathetically by a staff member who wears an insanely huge amount of blush and lipstick and doesn't even know what he/she is talking about except for prices. :| :| :| Srsly. Double check your people's enthusiasm and don't just put them through training or whatever. *end of rant.breathe*
for your future reference: this is what it looks like
Okay, so like what I was saying. It's not like I absolutely need this in my life. I know I don't. It's just something that would be nice to have :)

4. Liquid Foundation
No specific brands in mind at the moment. My Faceshop foundation is slowly but surely running out and I need to restock! :( While I'd absolutely just buy a FS one again in a heartbeat, I'm kinda getting an itch to try something new. Any suggestions?

I'm leaning towards a Revlon foundation, because I hear they're really good and not that heavy once worn. I was hoping to get the Custom Creations one, but I think they're all phased out --- or am I mistaken? :|

5. Stippling Brush
To stipple on liquid foundations or extra pigminted blushes, for a smooth and airbrushed effect. Need I say more? :O

Stippling Brush from Dashe Cosmetics :)



6. Shoes: Wedges/Booties/Wedged-Booties and Platform Pumps
I don't need to show you guys a photo of this because I'm sure you can pretty much imagine what this looks like.
7. Accessories: Earrings and Pendants among other things
I don't think I need to explain why the last 2 mentioned items are on this list. :)) They're actually more of a need than a necessity because if you haven't noticed, most of my money goes to makeup and brushes. :|

That's it so far. I think i'd disappoint my Philosophy professor if he saw this, since my wants greatly outweigh my resources -- totally contradictory to whatever we're learning in class. HAHA! Oh well :)) It's not like I'm not happy. I honestly believe that not getting what you want can still lead to happiness. It's called Joy and Contentment. Wealth doesn't solve anything, as seen in the lives of some of the world's top billionaires. (so what am I doing owning a list like this? Libre lang mangarap [a girl can dream] HAHA)

Anyway, in other news... I'm doing a bit of re-vamping and renovating on this blog. As a first step, i've signed up for bloglovin! :D Come follow me!
AND! As I've already announced, I've been thinking about changing the web address of my dear blog. I just felt that it's time for a change in identity and a blog name with better recall. As for the name and title, I already have a few in mind, it's all just a matter of finding one that hasn't been taken yet :| Please do pray with me that God leads me in the right direction. That might sound kinda odd, but I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. I'm super excited for whatever this blog is going to be. :) Stay tuned!

Until then,
<3 Deb

Comments

  1. low-scale smart casual it is! HAHAHA :))

    "Fashion isn't exactly my forte...." - I beg to differ. I love your style: modest, standout, and bright. :) At the end of the day, the verdict will be based on how the person carries the clothes. Ika nga ng nanay ko, nasa nagdadala yan. (and you ALWAYS manage to "carry" clothes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might want to check out the new maxfactor foundation lines. the weightless foundation line is super nice! i'm saving up for my own bottle as well. but revlon custom creations is good too, i used revlon for a year until palladio went on sale and i couldn't help but buy palladio instead. :) custom creations is still available in some counters, i think they're just finishing it up now.

    and one big check for a stippling brush! favorite foundation brush yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jenny: Are you sure you aren't just saying that because we're related? :)) Aww thanks, cousin. Means a lot :) I super admire your sense of style as well. Tres chic! <3 Nasa dugo lang siguro yan ;) HAHAHA!

    @Nix: HI NIX! :) Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and I super appreciate the feedback. Palladio is greeaaaat! I like their primers also! Next to Faceshop, I would've considered getting a palladio primer (if only it weren't so expensive and the tube wasn't to tiny HUHU) :D And thanks for the input on the maxfactor foundation! I've seen it every once in a while, but never sincerely checked it out. Will definitely do once I get the chance. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment