Eyes on You

Could've woken up to the comforting air conditioning of Bellevue hotel this morning, but instead I woke up home alone with just my brother, praying my parents, Dad especially, are alright.






It's his birthday today. My dad is celebrating 49 years of his life. And they have been quite fruitful years -- I say that because I see the way God is moving in him and walking with him in his life. So many wonderful things have happened to him over this past year. We're actually really excited because he just got accepted back into his old company at Manila Broadcasting Company, after a number of years of not having regular work and relying merely on a few acting or directing projects here and there. He's expected to come in this Tuesday, but with these recent developments, I think it's going to take a while longer, God forbid.


It all happened yesterday -- no, a week back, actually. He was already feeling nauseous and weak, complaining he must have caught something while walking around the mall. As the days passed he felt more dizzy. My mum suggested to bring him to the hospital, but he refused worrying about our current financial situation. Until he starts working at MBC, we have no means to pay for hospital bills, or any other kind of bill for that matter. His body finally caved in yesterday morning, Sunday. The plan was to leave early for the 12nn service at CCF Alabang and check-in at Bellevue hotel right after for some family bonding, so when we'd wake up, we'd be relaxed and celebrate my dad's birthday at the hotel. We ended up leaving a little past one because my dad couldn't find the strength to get up out of bed and was vomiting. We immediately rushed him to the ER at Asian Hospital in Alabang. We praise Jesus because it just so happened that tita Anna Javelosa, our family friend and a neurologist at the hospital was doing rounds at the time. Upon seeing me wheeling in my dad into a room, she quickly followed us and checked up on him. Dad was given a CT scan to check out what was wrong with his head. It's nothing serious according to Dra. Anna, but we did see this weird mass thing forming right behind his brain in the scan. It wasn't blood or a tumor or whatever, but it was unusual. Strangely enough, it was right at the area where my dad had been complaining about a certain pain, right behind his neck just a little below the hairline. My dad was advised to stay in the hospital over night just so he could be further observed and his situation be assessed.
So in the end, he and my mum did check-in and stay overnight in Alabang, just not in the way that he hoped. :| I gave him a call this morning to greet him a happy birthday and ask how he was. Everything was fine, which assured me that God was still i control and I had nothing to worry about. I was scared -- and still am. But I am confident that however this turns out will be exactly what God intended it to be.


Me and Dad during my debut! He was my 18th rose :)
Happy birthday, dad. I admire you for your courage and unwavering faith and trust in our Lord. You remind me so much of our Heavenly Father and inspire me to walk more closely with him. I love you and I hope you get better soon.


Please pray with me for my dad's recovery! We're hoping he gets discharged today and he may be able to rest at home. Please pray also that he heals in time for work tomorrow, and most especially that God would provide for us with just enough to get by this time of testing. If you would like to give him a call or visit today, the number for Asian hospital is 7719000, room number 838. :)














We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You. 
2 Chronicles 20:12










Update: Dad was discharged today early this afternoon. He's now at home and will continue his recovery here. :) Please continue to pray for complete healing! We appreciate all the love and support you've been showing our family. :)

Comments

  1. We are praying for Tito Val, cousin! :) Our Heavenly Father is in control. He is our Jehovah-Raphah! Your dad has helped me grow in my walk with Jesus Christ whenever he conducts our family Bible studies. I'll ask my parents if we can drop by the hospital this week (unless God's miracle comes upon him early!) >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you cousin! That's so comforting to hear. :') I think he'll be discharged today, last time I checked with my mum. Praise Jesus! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad and your whole family are always in our prayers. I love you. Jesus loves you :) I agree with Jenny. God is in control. And He is our Healer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much cousin dearest! that's truly comforting :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment