I Am Hopeful

This post was inspired by a lot of things. Mainly by a previous devotion I heard in Dgroup by my discipler and friend, Bing. But also because it's what Jesus has been reminding me lately with the current developments in my life.




We wait on a lot of things. We wait in lines, wait for our turn, wait for people, wait ON people, wait for answers, wait for our next class, wait for suspension of classes, wait for healing and so on.  Whether with patient and quiet endurance or anxiously, most of the time we spend in a day we spend it on waiting for something or someone.


For a Christian, upon hearing the word "waiting", the thought of a future mate immediately comes to mind. Most Christians are so caught up in the whole "waiting" game, thinking they have it all nailed down, that we (yes we, without exempting myself) tend to forget and grow weary of the everyday kind of waiting. I don't think I need to elaborate on this further, because it's something I've already blogged about a few months before. But I feel it's an issue that still must be addressed simply because we just don't get it. We're still impatient, and we're still weary, and until we learn to fix our eyes on Jesus, we're never going to learn.


My blog, Water for Camels, if you must know, is inspired after waiting. It's taken from the book of Genesis, and I named it after a phrase in one of the verses to remind myself that I will constantly be waiting for a lot of things in my life. At the moment, it's the announcement of suspension of classes for college kids. CHED won't seem to come to a final decision and even washed their hands clean of it, leaving it to the individual colleges to decide. It's a bit frustrating to not know, and though I've already expressed my sentiments over on facebook:


I know it's not really going to solve the problem. Aside from that I'm waiting for my checks to come in from my work and a project I'm doing. I'm a little worried that I get this itch when I'm not earning any money. I don't want to be a cash hoarder and overwork myself, so to have that feeling is kind of creeping me out. I'm waiting for the weekend. I'm waiting for my dad to get better (which by the way, just to let you guys know, he was discharged and is continuing to recover at home YAY :D) and so on.


What I'm learning is that the point isn't to focus on what I'm waiting for, but to fix my eyes on Jesus. That might sound like old news to you, and maybe even to me, but I have to keep reminding myself of this every time, because my heart is prone to wander. I have to remember that every kind of waiting is waiting on the Lord. Take it from king Jehoshephat from 2 Chronicles. The king could have easily ordered his army to strike down every offensive kingdom trying to conquer them, and yet his core and inner being was not moved nor shaken and remained at peace in the Lord -- WAITING on Him for His instructions. I need that kind of focus in my life. One that is not stirred up or bothered by problems on the outside but at the same time recognizes them in my life and lays it down at the foot of the Cross. Being in the dark is a scary thing to think about, but its a beautiful time to learn how to trust in your Saviour and allow Him to take you by the hand and guide you through.


I'm waiting on a lot of things, but my heart remains hopeful, because whether or not they turn out the way I want them to, the eyes of my heart are ever focused on Jesus. Whether or not school does get suspended tomorrow, and the storm comes I will remain calm, not complain, and believe that I will be wherever God wants me to be the day after.

Comments

  1. But in my heart, I know, that doing so is one of the biggest gesture of trust you can ever give Him. It shows that you are loving, and respectful of His decisions... no matter what.

    I'd like to bring to memory the story of Moses. Though he was waiting all his life to experience the Promise Land, he never got to. But for Moses, it was okay because he knew that already with Him, all the time, was the real Promise Land- God.

    "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:2

    Nic Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first paragraph of my comment was cut...

    What I wanted to say was, thanks for the reminder. Lately life has become so busy and fast-paced that I forgot how to wait on the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nic! Thanks for that follow-up reminder. It's comforting to know that I'm not alone on this. :D

    YAY FOR NO SCHOOL TODAY :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this timely reminder. :) Patience is indeed a Godly and beautiful virtue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment