Random updates!

Hey guys!
Super sorry for the delay on updates. :( I've been crazy busy these past few days -- but it's not like I'm not loving every bit of it. The downside though is that I haven't been getting enough sleep, and considering that I'm anemic... downside is an UNDERSTATMENT. :))


Anyway, here is what's been going on in my life past few days:


As most of you know, I boarded for The Wake Up Show on Mellow 94.7 to fill in for DJ Tracy who flew off to Guam. Of course, DJ Vince, the host of the show was there and I was accompanied by fellow SoJ Raisa. :) Was really nervous then since it was my first time to board, but I was blessed to have Vince and Raisa lead me and keep me company.


I had so much fun while on air and my phone was beeping off the hook, as well as the facebook notifications which werepiling up fast. I loved every bit of it, a little downside though was the whole 'Dirty Deb' thing, which I kinda got a few negative reactions for. It's a bit of a tradition on TWS to have a stripper name as a handle once on board, and I unfortunately received the handle 'Dirty Debbie' :| HAHA If any of you heard that, I guess I'd like to apologize. (?) If you knew me well, you'd know that's not the way I roll. So I ask of you to please keep an open mind and not take things seriously while I'm on that show. :)) Nonetheless, to those bothered to tune in that particular morning, thank you ever ever so much! I super appreciate the texts and messages and comments you sent in that morning. Good to know that there are a lot of you who listen to the show and care enough to keep me company. :)


During the show, I got a chance to meet the awesome Lauren Kate, author of the Fallen Series which are being sold in National Bookstore branches nationwide. We took pictures! YAY!


After, I headed over to the Groupon Philippines office to see how my friends were doing and pick up my check. I was super happy to see everyone after quite a while. Quite surprisingly, a few things have changed and it's only been a month! Things are super fast-paced in that office, I swear. Maybe it's because it's an internet-based business? Idunno. HAHA!


My favorite part of the day though was getting to spend time with Angelo for his birthday! :) To commemorate his 22nd year on Earth, as well as my prolonged stay in the Philippines, we went to see the final (brings me to tears as I remember.. D:) installment for the HP series, Harry Potter 7: The Deathly Hallows part 2.


Now, I'm no Potterhead, simply because I didn't read any of the books (personal choice, don't hate please haha) but I must say that I'm going to miss everything. Because you (and I'm speaking to probably the older people or the people who don't care haha) would have to understand, it's not just an end of a series for us, it's the end of a generation. Think of it like Toy Story except we followed the kids at Hogwarts every single step of the way-- unlike how we'd see Andy growing up only in segments, We literally aged the same time as Harry, Ron and Hermoine did and worried about all the same things they were worrying about. Finding where you belong or fit in during for high school was equivalent to finding out what your house was once you get sorted by the Sorting Hat -- you know, all that jazz.


ANYWAY, back to what I was really talking about. After the movie, Jo and his family invited me to join them at his family dinner in celebration of his birthday. We had dinner in Yaku, also in Podium, and it was SUPER DELICIOUS. :)


Come Sunday, I met up with my friend Phoebe to do a shoot for the new Jzone series. I'll probably post a link to it once it's edited and up on youtube. :)
After, I attended a pre-prod for this debut which I was requested to direct. Super excited about this project because 1.) I LOVE DEBUTS 2.) I like organizing events and moreso, directing them and 3.) I think I have an awesome team to back me up -- and I'm not just saying that because I'm surrounded by talented friends but simply because the entire pre-prod was productive and a lot of fun, which kinda says a lot to me. :) The entire theme for the debut will be Boho -- something which isn't quite used for most debuts, which is another thing I'm really excited about. :)


Finally, TODAY - July 18, I boarded again on the Wake Up Show still with Vince but this time accompanied by SoJ Frankie. Potter-nerdy show today with a lot of hyper hyper fun. It was today that I learned how the planking trend IS OUT and OWLING is in.


If you aren't familliar with the planking fad, it's basically this thing people do for fun where they lie face-down on any unconventional surface, flat like a plank. For reference, I think the best way to demonstrate this is the master of planking himself...


Mr. Lechong Baboy
HAR-DEE-HAR DEB. But seriously, planking looks like that. :|  And it's actually considered dangerous as some people have already gotten injured trying to do an epic plank.
However! The new trend is more fun, safe and commemorates the end of the Potter era -- it's called OWLING. Rather than trying to describe to you guys however what it looks like, I believe it'd be best to show you a photo instead:


SoJs Deb and Frankie teach you how to do Owling. DJ Vince still isn't quite getting it though :))
What do you think? Could this trend last a while? :)) Maybe you could comment below and post you best owling photo just for kicks.


That's it so far. I think to formally end this blog post, maybe I could bring up the same topic we used for our show today: If you could create a new spell, what would you call it and what would it do? :) Comment below for your answers! :)) ALSO, I'd love to hear what you thought about HP7.2 In the meantime, imma catch up on some Z's and call it a night. I've some long overdue rest that I need to get to.


Talk to you soon,
Deb

Comments