Oh, Yes I Did

Hello friends!

Had the most AMAZING weekend this week as I attended my much anticipated conference of the month, The Art of Being a Woman, last Saturday, June 25. To be honest, I kinda ran into a few problems along the way, since it was raining pretty hard that day which made my mum a bit iffy on letting me go. My heart was a little discouraged on the sudden change, but I took it as God's way of teaching me to firstly obey my parents, and second, to check my motives on attending. I'd have to admit that I cried a little because as most of you know, I've really REALLY been looking forward to this for a few weeks now, only to find out I wasn't going. :(

I expressed my desires to Jesus and laid it before His feet. As I was praying, I felt a slight tug on my heart telling me that all I needed to do was ask. So with the Spirit's leading, I went down to my mum's room and politely asked if I could go, simply because I wanted to. To cut the long story short, mum said yes and I left the house just in time before the lunch break, so I knew I didn't miss much.

Super cute module of the event which we used to take notes
I think God's timing was perfect because I only got to listen to the messages on Purity, Modesty, Excellence and Undivided Devotion, which I think were topics I really needed to hear. I wasn't too late either for the style show and make-over, although I'm a bit sad we weren't able to use the makeup and brushes the organizers asked us to bring due to time constraints. (Everything was delayed by one hour because of the rain.) 

Other than that, I had an awesome time. The entire 5th floor worship hall of CCF St. Francis was decorated in pretty pinks and purples, and there were gorgeous ladies EVERYWHERE -- all dressed in stylish chic outfits.I learned so much plus I'm also very grateful to have spent bonding time with my cousins and got to run into some of my good friends. :) I enjoyed this event so much and Tita Cindy Soriano, one of the speakers, loved it too and is praying on bringing this event to the South. She already got me as part of her team so I'm really stoked about this! Please pray with me that Jesus would lead us in the right path as we prepare for this event.

In other news, I bought some really great finds last Sunday, but of course only after putting God first and attending the 12nn service in CCF Alabang with my fam. :) After worship, we decided to head over to Festival Mall for some well-deserved family bonding time and recreation. My dad, Jared, my brother, and I bought tickets to Mr. Popper's Penguins, which was a super cute and very family-oriented film. The effects were a little far-fetched and the storyline and pacing felt rushed, but whatever. I'm not here to critic today -- maybe some other time. My mum on the other hand got a mani-pedi while waiting for us. We had a good time :)

We had the usual Sunday grocery-shopping so while mum was buying produce and whatnot, I was walking around looking for stuff to buy myself. One of the perks of earning on my own is that I get to buy stuff I like without being a burden to my parents. Although I really do need to start managing and taking note of the things I buy. I notice how most of the things I spend for are on makeup. HAHA. If this keeps up, I could have a closet full of cosmetics and minimal clothes, shoes or accessories. I NEED BALANCE. D: 

HAHA! Anyway, lemme show you guys the things I bought that day:

1. Cosmetic Sponges: (Daiso Japanese Home Center P66)
The ones I found before (Marionnaud in Watsons) were P100+ for 2 sponges, which is why I was super thrilled to find these cheap and yet, good quality sponges at Daiso :)
Comes in 4 colors! Super fluffy and blends well. Good buy, I must say. :)
2. Bright Pink Matte Nichido Lipstick (Matte Nichido Lipstick in Pink Lush, Robinsons Dept. Store P188)

I'd have to admit that I paid a little extra for this one. The cheapest one with good quality I found was Ever Bilena, but they didn't come in shades of interest. (Except the color 'Skin'. Although I still have a nude-ish lipstick color which I'm trying to finish first before I get a new one. -- hey, at least that's one step to being frugal haha)

The reason for this purchase was not entirely out of impulse. I've been looking for a bright pink lip color since the day the color blocking trend came out, plus I saw this color being worn by one of my friends from school. IT WAS SO GORGEOUS AND ADORABLE -- so I kinda convinced myself that I ABSOLUTELY had to get one.
Cute packaging, don't you think? :)
Matte Lipstick in Pink Lush
I'm adoring matte lipsticks these days. I love the full-lip effect it gives and how the colors come out super vibrant and last a little longer than the usual lipsticks with sheen.  I was so excited about this that the moment I got home I tested it out immediately (keep reading to see how it looks). Happy about the fact that there's this tiny compartment that snaps on and off the top of the lid of the lipstick which contains a teensy bit of gloss in the same shade. I FELT SO GIDDY LIKE A LITOL GURL, OK?! Super happy with this purchase! :)
This lipstick comes with a little gloss found at the top of the lid to add extra oomph and moisture
I KNOW RIGHT

3. Sandals from Marikina (Bazaar, P150)
Rub your eyes and read that last line again. That's actually P150 for BOTH PAIRS.


BOTH. PAIRS. P150. WHATTA STEAL, RIGHT?
Plus I love the colors! I got one in Camel which has a leather base and another one in Yellow with a sort of 'banig'-like material base. 


They're both really really comfy and I love how they make my feet look long and clean. TEEHEE! I already wore the yellow one yesterday (Monday) with a sky blue top and jeans (can you hint the poor and subtle attempt to color block? HOHO). I wish I could show you a full body ala-lookbook picture, but all I have is one with half my body with Angelo plus my girls, Jemimah and Yana. 
photo taken from Tita Jane's Blackberry, stolen from FB
We all headed over to Yana's condo in Katip along with my mum and tita Jane to help set it up. View is AMAZING btw, if you haven't noticed. Plus their condo has a pool, fancy function rooms and a study-slash-hangout area. NEAT-O!
Putting up the decor on Yana's spanking new classy condo
Somwhere underneath those photos are bright yellow sandals. Pretend na lang  you can imagine me wearing them! HAHA! Do you guys think I looked okay? I know I'm not much of a fashionista. If you ask me, I'm more of a comfort and convenience over style person, but I do try. Today, I wore the camel sandals with a grey tank top underneath a purple jacket. I'm kinda anemic, and most of my classrooms today were airconditioned, so scarves, jackets or cardigans are a HUGE necessity for me since madali akong ginawin (I freeze up pretty fast). See what I mean?

ANYWAY. Thanks for taking the time to read this blog post. As a reward, let me flash you a smile and flaunt that delicious lip color I've been constantly talking about throughout this entry.

Until next time! God bless!
 
Love, Deb :)

Comments