Feature at Hello-Rio and other news

Hello there! I'd like to update y'all on what's going on in my life :D


1. Feature at Hello-Rio.com
My good friend Danika blogged about our Boheme shoot which we did a few weeks ago. :) Considering she's pretty famous, I'm super giddy about the feature. If you don't know who Danika Navarro is, SHAME ON YOU! (haha I'm kidding... but srsly, REALLY?)
Do go check out her page at http://www,hello-rio.com. Dan is only one of the most talented stylists-slash-designers I know. She's someone you should constantly keep your eye on for fashion and lifestyle tips. YAY!


2. In other news... OH MY GOODNESS I'M AN AUNTIE! :))
My cousin announced last night during our Family Bible Study that his wife is 6 weeks pregnant. WOOOH! I'm so psyched for them and our growing family! My cousins and I were actually teasing each other and calling each other names already like Tito (Uncle) or Tita (Aunt). Whoa. I feel so old bigla. o_o


3. Last day of being a 'full-time' employee at Groupon Philippines today :(
As most of you know, I've already gone back to school so going to the office on a daily basis has been a little of a hassle for me. I feel super bad about it because I love working for this company because of it's environment and the people I've kinda gotten close to over the past few months.


Crazy people at the Groupon Philippines Office
I'll still be working for them, but I won't be coming into the office as regularly as I used to anymore. My boss was actually kind enough not to let me go entirely, but instead allowed me to work as a 'freelance writer' for the company, so that at least I still get to earn a few bucks even if I'm studying. So it's not so bad. :) I'll really just miss all the people though, especially my awesome Editorial Department.


Remember these guys? :) They're awesome!
4. ADMU RecWeek
And finally, it's the last week of Recruitment Week for orgs in Ateneo, and if you also happen to be reading this and are a member of the community, then i'd like to encourage you to SIGN UP FOR CADs! I've been with this org for 3 years now and I'm kinda sad for not mustering up to courage to join sooner. CADs has made my experience in college much more meaningful and fun. We're not just an organization with a passion for dancing, but we're also a family dedicated to serving our One Great Choreographer through our talents.


YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!


As I learned last night, use it or lose it! Show us what you got and join the family :) Hope to see you soon!


That's it for now!
<3 Deb

Comments

  1. Can you write about what you do for Groupon Philippines? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for dropping by. :)

    I don't think I need to do a whole post on what I do, so I hope a comment would suffice. In a nutshell, I do the write-ups for the website. :) Groupon is a teensy bit different from other discount-slash-coupon buying websites in terms of the way it presents their deals. We'd like to refer to ourselves more as a lifestyle guide -- kinda like a magazine. More than creating 'ads' that would get you to buy our deals, we create editorial-like writeups that tell you what the deal is about and how it gets to fit your lifestyle or why it's a good deal. :)

    In order for me to make a good writeup, a lot of times I have to interview our clients and test out the deal: whether its a mani-pedi, food, or ballroom dancing, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually posted something about it before, providing a link to the website as well. The best way you can find out what I do is by reading the stuff we have there first hand. :)

    http://debsilog.blogspot.com/2011/05/check-out-what-im-working-on.html

    Have fun and I hope this enlightened you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for answering! I'm actually enlightened.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment