Inner Beauty

Here's a message I received from one of my youngest long-time friends over on Facebook: 
Ate Debs,

You're beauty is like Hatsumomo-san's of "Memoirs of a Geisha"...only your beauty is inside and out. :))

I admire your beauty so much. I just had to say it randomly 'cause I was randomly looking for friends who I haven't connected to in a while. (SOBRANG RANDOM KASI AKO)

Well anyway. :)) God bless you, Ate Debs. :>


J.
Dear J,


I hope you don't mind me posting your message on my blog. Truth be told, and I've already expressed this to you, I'm really really flattered about it. It really means so much to me for you to say that because once upon a time, if you wouldn't believe it, I had low self-esteem and didn't view myself as someone worth being on the pages of a magazine or even worth pursuing. College made things worse as I was thrown into a sea of beautiful people who had so much more than me in life, making me feel smaller and more insecure since my eyes were opened to the fact that I came from such a small world. (My highschool was all the way in Laguna and our batch of 5 sections had just 300 students. You think that'd be a lot, as did I, wait til you get to Manila.) Your message reminded me so much of how Jesus corrected that by telling me of how beautiful I am to Him. (Ps. 45:10-11 especially) His love encouraged me to do alot of things: to be more confident of my identity in Him, to wait, to love others and so on. I am broken and still a work in progress, but He has taken all of that and turned it into a masterpiece by His grace. I am proof of that. I'm not bragging about my face or my standing in life or whatever. I know I'm a far cry from being 'all that'. But if I were to boast in anything, it would be the wonderful love of my Saviour and His immense grace which He has showered upon me. (2 Corinth 10:17) As I've told you in our exchange of messages, I'd like to believe that when a woman is so immersed in the adoration of the Lover of her Soul, a wonderful change happens inside her, and it just grows and glows from within her and people can see the difference. Think of the last time when you were told that you were blooming... chances are you could have been in love at the time and don't deny it because you know it's true. Now take that feeling and make it permanent, because God's love never ever goes away. You catch my drift? ;)


I know this kind of love exists in you, and you're blessed to have it because many women long for this kind of romance. As for you, keep it and nurture it in your heart. :)


<3 Deb

--------------------------

Dear readers,

It was this very letter that inspired me to finally decide on what prize I'll be handing out for my blog giveaway. I'm so excited about it and I hope everyone is too. Stay tuned as I'll be posting updates on it soon. :)

God Bless!

Comments