I love the way You hold me, Lord (updates + haul)

It's raining like crazy over here, but the gloomy weather isn't singing in tune to my grateful disposition. :)

Got a lot of things done today which I could only look to Jesus in awe for. One of which was paying for my last tuition fee EVER. EVERRRR! :O

After paying for my tuition, mum and I went to Market! Market! to grab a quick lunch. We ate in Sbarro (mmmm Italian)! :D 

While waiting for our food to fully digest, we went around Saizen (this "branch" of Daiso in Market Market, but I think it sells more stuff) and bought a few things. Had to control myself on my impulse-buying habits because there were just so many things I wanted to get! I saw a lot of stuff that I only would usually see in a haul video by any one of the beauty gurus I follow on youtube (who are mostly from the US). But here they were! Not only that, but everything was priced at P85! (HNGGGG!)

But then again, I realized that there were some items there being sold that cost less than P85 in a local supermarket or department store. So I only decided to get things I knew were a real steal (pun intended) if I bought them there. :))


Here's a mini-haul of what I got at the store:


Yes, I admittedly tend to drift more towards the beauty section of a store when I'm in one. HAHAH I don't know if that's a problem. BUT WHATEVER. :)) But hey! At least I got myself a USB from CDR-King, so it's not all vanity-related haha! Anyway, here are individual photos of the stuff. :D

Got myself a new pack of powdered foundation

LEGIT JAPANESE, YO :))

sorry this is a bit blurry. Wanted to show you guys the size of the thingamajiger :)

Some people ask me if I worry about buying "brandless" Japanese cosmetics. But I say, they do have a brand! Its just in a language not everyone can understand :)) Besides, if its safe for the Japanese, then it's probably safe fer me HAHA


This is called a clear eyeliner coat :)

For days when I want to "set" my pencil liner, without having to put black liquid eyeliner on top. So the look remains soft and not too strong :) -- LOOK AT HOW FINE THAT BRUSH TIP IS! <3

AND LOOK! Told you it had a brand. This one is... does that say EVER BILENA? :O


Peachy Lipgloss with flakes of gold glitter infused in it! 

Immediately fell in love with the color so I just HAD to get it HAHA!
comes with a pretty bejeweled cover too :D

And of course, an eyebrow pencil with a spoolie on the dual end

I'm really not used to filling in my brows when putting on makeup, since they're already thick as it is. So I don't really know why exactly I got this. But maybe just to try it out? The eyebrows are the frames to a face after all. And filling them in can make a huge difference to a makeup look all together. :)

Speaking of makeup. I received a package today from Angelo! He says it's birthday gift #2 because he wants to make up for all those years he never got to spend my birthday with me (so I'm guessing I'm getting 20 gifts for my birthday from him? :O WILD) HAHA the second one arrived today! (the first one was re-designing this blog for free, in case you guys forgot HAHA)

Angelo got me an ELF 100 colors eyeshadow palette!

I've heard so-so reviews, BUT WHO CARES. YAY 100 COLORS! :D

thank you, Angelo :3
It's not as pigmented as my Catwalk Cosmetics palette (which I totally owe you guys a review on, BTW :O) but it definitely has more colors in it which I really think is a plus. Of course, given the money, I would prefer buying MAC shadows over this one on any given day. But it's ELF anyway, so it's more than fine :D


You are the cooliest, sweetest person evar. You didn't have to. You really shouldn't have. But you did anyway. So thanks :D 


-------

I went to Alabang after coming from the Fort to hang out with some Jzone Alabang people because they had this "Ultimate Bonding" Day scheduled. Their idea of fun though, unfortunately for me, was playing Counter Strike in a computer shop. HO HUM. Sana nag jamming na lang ako, or gumawa ng bagong cover. But oh well. Ended up playing a few versus rounds of L4D2 anyway. :)) Was a little rusty though. Last time I remember seriously playing L4D was when I was still a freshman, playing with Vince and Mel over at Drews in Katipunan during our long breaks (and sometimes, not during our long breaks HAHA). Good times :)

-----

Now that I think about it. Wow. It's been four years already? It's amazing what God can do in four years. I have only Him to thank for taking me through this journey called college. I honestly wouldn't know where I'd be today without His grace. My grades, my friends today and most especially, quite recently, when my family and I were going through financial difficulties- are all results of His goodness. I literally lived out 2 Corinthians 12:9. And while I admit there would be times when I felt like letting go and giving up, He always came through. :)

I remember one of my girls under my dgroup shared a similar struggle quite recently. Been praying for her, but at the same time excitedly anticipating how God is going to work in her life. Money has never been an issue with Daddy. He's always got more than enough. It's the part where we children just sit and watch in faith, waiting to see how He's going to work that's exciting. I encouraged her that same day to not lose heart, because if there's one thing God asks us to test Him in, it's in His ability to provide and reward. Especially in terms of tithing and finances. :) (check out Malachi 3!)

What's more exciting for me at the moment though, is the fact that I'm 3 months away from actually marching and receiving my diploma! Need to work extra hard and be super excellent for Jesus these next few months! 

Konting tiis na lang!  :D

<3 Deb

Comments

  1. Yey for last sem ever Ate Deb! :)

    Got a new make-up too just as when I was praying for money to buy a new one. Not really an "expert" though on make-ups, just advanced so I don't know if it's okay or not. But still. A make-up is a make-up. Haha.

    Had fun visiting your site again. Haven't done that for quite a few days or weeks. Naging busy. The new lay-out is simple yet so elegant. Kudos to Kuya Angelo!

    Anyway, looking forward to more posts from you. God bless you Ate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Besh! Our economy is not dictated by this world, but by the overflow of God's riches in heaven. :) Thank you for sharing your testimony! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besh: TRUE THAT! Everything here is temporary anyway? Why draw your attention to that, when we've something prepared for us in Heaven worth far more thank earthly riches? :) Miss you! YES TO HANGING OUT BEFORE WE GRADUATE FOR THE THIRD TIME <3

    Princess: Thanks for dropping by, love! <3 Like in any art or sport, practice makes perfect! So don't be afraid to experiment on yer spare time. I'm no pro either but just keep trying! You don't even need to get the expensive stuff :) GANBATTE! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled through your lovely blog here and wowza! The story God is writing for you is such a wonder to behold! Praise God for your last sem. Why you would ever need make up baffles me since you're already so beautiful without it (huhu and now I feel FC but oh well!).

    Looking forward to reading about your future successes and endeavours. Oh and belated Happy Birthday! Really lovely covers too! God Bless. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jonnah! :)) Thanks for dropping by. :) I don't really think makeeup is to "conceal the beauty we already have" but rather enhancing it. :D Thinking of a coloring book with all these pretty pictures, but without colors. Makeup is like a girl's set of crayons. :) HAHA well, that's just me at least. :)

    and thank you for the greet! :) I'll see you around :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated happy birthday Deb! And more birthdays to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been living near Market! Market! for 6 years and I didn't know there was a Daiso shop there. T_T I totally need to check that out, haha, excited for more make-up. :DD

    You're blog is very inspiring, especially the part where God provided for your tuition, while you waited in faith. I'll be having the same issues next year (and the next four years), and I know He will provide at the proper time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment