A Call to Productivity

Dear Reader,


I write this letter with hesitation. Maybe its a spirit that's trying to stop be, but I shall go on, with God's grace nonetheless. My burden about my complacency has gone far enough. I keep on procrastinating about my productivity and I only end up feeling guilty about it. Over and over I keep on computing for my grades and dread the day when I finally end up with that QPI of 2.5 something-something (more or less)


Hay. Sometimes I wonder why I can never be the 'chill' student who rarely has to study because he/she never has a hard time listening in class. Maybe because I'm easily distracted? But why is it that the people who usually sleep in class or text seem to receive higher grades than me? :( HAY some people have all the luck.


Anyway, I know I should have done this a long time ago. So please don't rub it in my face as it is already hard enough for me to do this. Beginning tomorrow, I might have to shove this laptop (I'm using an HP mini -- it's pink! haha) into the deepest darkest depths of my closet so I won't be tempted to use it. I realize that I seemed to have gotten by these past few years without one, and my grades seemed to be higher back then. When I had rusty old one (a super duper vintage IBM ThinkPad) during my first semester last year, my grades shot down from a 3.1 to a 2.9. The semester after that, my laptop crashed and my grades rose up to a 3.2 -- and to think that was the busiest time of my life: I still had a position in the CADs Prod Core back then, was quite active in Jzone Ateneo and Alabang, plus that was the time Angelo and I started 'seriously' going out. Which leaves me with the conclusion that my laptop and the internet are killing not just my grades, but my social life as well. :(


So, as I was saying, I'm going to have to hide this from myself for a while. I admit that I'm a terrible multi-tasker (not because I can't do it, I can. But my work ends up half-baked when I multi-task) I'm starting tomorrow because I need to work on a paper for Philo tonight. (HUHU STRESS) But after that, no more laptop or the internet for me. Which means, I might not update as often as I do. This will only be until the end of the semester, which is about a month from now. Probably during sembreak I could update more often, but in the meantime, I really just want to focus and be excellent for Jesus.


Please pray for me. I prayed about this long and hard and I praise Jesus for revealing this truth to me. (Actually, it's long been revealed. I just kept denying it.) So please pray that I keep on, and that I would remind myself to be diligent. If you happen to stumble upon this blog and care about me enough, could you try and help me by keeping me accountable? :)


In the same way, I encourage you to do the same. Lets be excellent guys! It's never too late. God bless you and the remaining weeks of your first semester :Dt


<3 Deb

Comments

  1. Did my earlier post not post itself? :( Anyway, I had the same revelation lately, so I will be limiting my time on the internet (2 hours daily), blog less, and only check Facebook when a school work needs to be done (Guidon and all that stuff). ACCOUNTABILITY, CHECK! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment