Review: Nail Craft

Another reason why I love what I do is that I get to see all these new places and try different things FREE OF CHARGE, and I get to write about it. Makes me feel like I do reviews for a living (which I do, it's just that I write for Groupon, and not for myself). SOOOOO I've decided to do my own reviews on the things I see and try, without following any standards. Basically what I'm trying to say is, in my blog, I have my own voice and opinion which I am entitled to. I'm not paid to talk about any of the things I write here but I'm writing about them nonetheless giving you guys my two cents on them.


ANYWAY. So much for introductions. I apologize, if this first review might be a wee bit delayed. I've been putting this post off for quite some time and only worked on it recently. For this first review: Nail Craft 62.


As I went up to the second floor of the Torre Venezia Building in Tomas Morato with Nail Craft's owner Kat, she was already prepping me up for what I was to expect, and I could already tell you it wasn't far from awesome. The nifty and spacious loft is designed in such a comfy manner that the moment you walk into the nail spa and salon, you'd already feel calm. The place houses 5 (or 6?) soft blue couches, a cute and shiny pink chandelier on top of wooden flooring. Kat  professes to be a former bag designer, being a graduate of Interior Design in CSB, so to welcome relaxation and art-hungry customers are her bags which she made herself. They were really pretty, but unfortunately, weren't for sale. :( (Sayang! Ang bongga pa naman haha)








Before moving on to the services, Kat showed me her plethora of treatments which were uniquely named after her fascination for Harry Potter. I found this to be so cute and out of the box - a unique trademark of theirs you wouldn't usually find in other nail spas or salons. (The names we're so unique! If only I could remember them all... *sweat* HAHA) As for me, I just went with an Herbal Incantation -- a spa pedicure which included a standard pedi, a soak in warm water infused with  their own mixture of sweet-smelling soap. a rub down with again, their own formula of bamboo, lavander or peppermint scented scrub, an invigorating massage and just for kicks, the kind 'curist of Kat threw in 2 nail arts at the tips of my toes using a Conad stamp.




This was the design I picked for my nail art. If you don't know what a Conad is, try looking it up! Im saving up to invest in one!
Rubber stamper used to stick on the nail art design
Everything was so relaxing. The combination of my tushie landing on the couch, the soft pillow on my back and the rejuvinating service I got... If I wasn't so busy taking pictures, I would have fallen asleep. HAHA. This place would be perfect for spa parties among friends or if going solo, a stack of magazines, pillows and serene music of your choice are sure to keep you company.

As for products, Nail Craft uses quality imported laquers such as OPI, Orly and Essie; and their scrubs, soaps and lotions as i've mentioned are all formulated by the spa's own chemist.


Here are a few more photos!


I used this OPI Nail Polish for the color of my nail art
He helped me pick my nail color! (yes, I know my feet look ugh-leh) :))
Kat also wanted me to feature another service on her Groupon writeup, so she was kind enough to throw it in the package I already had. The Wonder Wand was so cool (and so ticklish too haha)! It's this special cloth that has this plastic doohickey attached to the end of the thingamajigger that the staff lights up the other end with a match. The other end (with the plastic doohickey) is placed inside the ear, and what it does is it sucks out the dirt and excess earwax inside our natural hearing apparatuses (ano ba yan, kahit sa blog ko, I still write with the Groupon Voice haha).
I think the Wonder Wands come in other colors, but I just chose the purple one because purple is my fave color HAHA




The brown lines are markers for when the flame is supposed to be put out
The flame is put out by dipping the thingamajigger in a basin of water. The staff cuts it up so you could see how much wax/dirt was collected. (ew right? Pero nakaka-aliw! haha -- or baka weirdo lang talaga ako)
Can you imagine this being stuck to yer ear for a minute? Kinabahan ako haha!


The whole treatment (Herbal Incantation+Nail Art+Wonder Wand) lasted me a good 1 hour and 30 minutes. In good time, I might add -- taking into consideration I had a lot of stuff done. In a nutshell, my overall experience with Nail Craft was absolutely enchanting, sans the location (considering that I'm a Laguna-girl) of course, with it being a hidden gem in a place full of exciting things in Tomas Morato. But other than that, I'd definitely consider getting my nails done here and probably bring my friends or mum along when we're in the area :)

Comments

  1. Hi there, roza! Thanks for taking the time to read this blog. :) The Konad is basically a metal coin which has different prints embossed over it. Once you've picked a design you prefer, you simply brush a nail laquer of your choice over it, swipe a blade over it to remove excess polish and use the stamper to get the design on your nail. At least that's the way I understand it to be. I didn't get that description off the web or anything. HAHA.

    you can check it out on it's official site here:
    http://www.konadnailart.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment