Review: Garnier Lightening Peel-Off Mask

Howdy everyone!

Been trying out some new products lately and I thought I'd do a review on the Garnier Lightening Peel-Off Mask. I've seen it out in the market for about a few months now, but only got to try it some time last week. :)

I don't do a lot of reviews, mind you - because this isn't really a beauty blog per se. But since I'm a makeup junkie/enthusiast of sorts, I guess it wouldn't hurt to fill you in on some of the things I've had my eye on for awhile.

So, as they say: LET'S GET STARTED!

My review on the Garnier Lightening Peel-Off Mask

Off the bat - packaging is nice. I like how the layout is really sleek - which is probably the reason why it caught my attention on the shelf. (Plus I LOVE peel-off masks - kind of takes me back to preschool days when I'd slather art glue on my palm, wait for it to dry then peel it off. HAHA! Am I the only weirdo in the room or did anybody else try this?)

It comes in two (2) packs or doses for something close to P50.00 - not half bad, I guess.

So I started out by cleansing with the usual wash and toner - but skipped on the moisturizer for this part. Okay, for this next bit, I'd have to give you a little disclaimer:

You're about to see photos of me WITHOUT ANY MAKEUP - haha! Plus i'm in my pambahay so excuse my disheveled looking self:

1. Start with a clean face
Haha there you go! So after patting my face dry, it was time to open the pack! You only need one for each application.


I didn't think the product would look and feel so gooey, so when I cut it open - I was super surprised to have some of the product spill out! Luckily, I didn't make that much of a mess, but I guess next time, I'd make sure to squeeze some of the product downward, into the pack so this mishap wouldn't happen again. :)

I pour some onto my fingers to get ready for application - it's super slimy and sticky! And it's the runny-slimy kind (not firm) so it kind of glides off your fingers if you aren't quick about it. But the plus side is that it smells really nice, like lemons! I wouldn't be surprised though since Garnier has a whole range of products enfused with Pure Lemon Essence and Salicylic Acids which help brighten the complexion and get rid of impurities in the skin. :)


As I would any mask or pack, I applied the product with two fingers, onto my face. Making sure to steer clear from the eye area. I also made sure to apply this on the bridge of my nose as well as under and on the sides of it - since I usually get redness on these areas. The instructions say to apply this thinly and evenly - which makes sense, because the mask feels a bit heavy on the skin when first applied and wet.



On the packaging, it says to leave it on for 15 minutes, but I noticed that even after the time indicated, some parts of my face weren't fully dry yet. I gave it 5 minutes more to allow some of it to set.

After around a total of 25 minutes, it was finally time for the fun part! The peeling! :)


There was still some residue/left over product on my skin after I peeled everything off, but it was nothing some warm water couldn't fix. When I finally allowed my face to dry, I saw a few noticable changes:


Some of my dark spots on my forehead and chin seemed to have diminished! I mean, of course they're not totally gone - but I do notice that it became lighter after using the pack. Also, my face felt like it was lifted from whatever made it feel heavy prior to putting on the mask. My complexion also seemed to have become brighter and more evened-out.

I used the 2nd pack about 5 days after the first one and as of today, my dark spots are close to invisible now. I think all in all, I could give this product a 4.5/5 rating - super impressed with it's effectiveness and all. I guess my only downside to it would be how runny and how heavy the product is, but it's not a total killer, I guess.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review! I think this is 1st time I've ever done one! If you liked it, please let me know if you'd like me to do more - I'd also appreciate it if you could recommend some products I should try out and review also. :)

Laters!
Deb

Comments

  1. i just bought these. will try them out later and the 2nd pack by this weekend. i hope it does wonders for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After of 4 nights using this Lightening Peel-Off Mask my office mates notice that i have much brighter and whiter face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slamat Sa,iyo Ms.beautiful,,
    SNA matulungan ako mg product na Yan Sa scars Sa mukha ko at few pimples Sa noo ko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one's effective for my skin! you can see changes in as early as 4 days of continuous using. Swear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello po,pwede ba tong peel off mask sa 16 years old ? Noon ko pa to nakita sa watsons,kaso hindi ako bumili kasi natakot ako baka hindi pwede sakin. May dark spots kasi ako sa cheeks din acne marks sa chin at forehead,pwede ko ba tong gamitin para mawala lahat blemishes ko.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I use it every night? or every other day?

    ReplyDelete
  9. May available bang nasa bottle? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment