On Validating My Identity: Wondering Wednesdays 01

Hi guys!

It's Wednesday again! I figured since i'll be trying to make a habit out of posting every Wednesday, I can try to insert a few updates here and there. :)

Finding myself busy again with an event with my partner Jikay - who by the way, will be celebrating her birthday on Friday! :) Happy birthday my dearest partner and sister in Christ!

I know I could have probably picked a better picture
- but I think this photo best explains our relationship haha :)
In other news, we've been super busy prepping up for Battles for The Voice of The Philippines! Exciting times, I tell you. I can only promise that it's going to be a great show. I'm not one to shamelessly plug, but in case you'd like to catch the Battle Round tapings LIVE, here's your chance: click here to know more. :)

Anyway, onto the real agenda. As promised - I'd post answers to some of your #WonderingWednesday questions which you asked during the week. Here we go:


Pregie Amor Garin asked on Facebook:

"What's your fave color and food?"

I'm not one who usually plays favorites - you can confirm this by checking my short bio on the side bar of my blog. But I do make an exception for colors: PURPLE. :)

As for fave food, I really enjoy a bowl of Tom Yum Goong all day, any day. It's not really a "favorite" per say, but I guess it's more of my go-to dish when I'm not sure exactly what I'm craving for hahah :))

"Another question, haha. matagal ko nang gustong itanong ito, pero ikaw ba yung nasa shampoo commercial?"

Unfortunately, no. I have never done any shampoo commercials yet.

Edz Cruz asked on Facebook:

"Bakit parang nawala yung FB mo?"

My facebook account did not disappear, if you think it did - baka iba pong account yung na-add ninyo. Unfortunately hindi po talaga ako nag-aadd ng mga taong hindi ko kilala personally, just to keep things some things private lang sa buhay ko. :) Sana po'y maintindihan ninyo!

Debsters FOREVER on Twitter:
"What's your favorite genre of music??"
It's a tie among Jazz, Soul and RnB -but I also like a lot of Old Rock and Motown :)


Anne Camille Berdin on twitter:
"Who's your celebrity crush?"

Ay mahirap na tanong, iyan. :) Hindi ako mahilig magka-celeb crush eh haha :) Pag sa local, I don't think I have one. :| International though, ang dami hahaha! Rupert Grint, Tom Hiddleston, Ed Westwick - I like Englishmen. HAHA!

Ysabela Karla Aquino on Twitter:
"What is/are your hair secret/s? : )" 

I don't think I have any - but my hair routine is just washing my hair only 2x a week with Shampoo and Conditioner and once with hair treatment/spa (so that's 3 washes per week). I hear it's bad to wash your hair on a day-to-day basis, because you prevent the natural oils on your scalp from coating your hair. You need to let it sit a few days because it also helps in protecting your hair - but not too long, because an oily scalp can collect dirt.

Also, as much as possible, I try not to leave the house with wet hair - I attempt to at least towel dry it first or sit in front of the fan while I do my makeup for a while pag nagmamadali na talaga. Don't tie it also habang basa pa. Leaving it to air-dry in our humid climate can cause it to be buhaghag. Once in a while (2x in a month) I try to go to the salon to get a regular shampoo/blowdry. :)

...And, do you follow back fans? : )" 
Same answer as my policy on twitter - I like seeing my twitter feed filled with people I am GENUINELY interested in - please don't take this the wrong way, but I just mean people that I have truly built relationships with (friends IRL, family, etc) or who's content seems relevant to me at the moment. :)

I do, however, plan to do a few giveaways or maybe followbacks as a contest or something, but I doubt that'll be any time soon. :)

Anonymous on the blog::
"Can you describe your dream guy please :-)"
Hmm. Toughie. I might end up typing out a long list, but at the top of my head, here's what I had in mind: definitely he needs to love the Lord BEFORE ME and be filled with the Holy Spirit. One who is free to make his own decisions, yet at the same time values my opinions. A guy who supports my dreams and ambitions - even to the point of gently guiding me towards that path (without being manipulative or controlling). Most of all, he pursues my affection with a passion. :)


Emmanuel Iluzada on the blog:
"I was backreading your past posts here in your blog. I would have to say that your event posts (and even the random thoughts) are very encouraging. :)
I saw a video of you singing "Your Grace still amazes me". I was wondering if you've been singing in church before? Also, do you play the guitar and/or the keyboard?
Hmm. I guess that's it. Haha. thanks and more power to you, Deb. God bless you. :) #TeamBamboo rocks! :D"

Aww thank you! I'm so glad that this blog achieves it's purpose. :) Yes I still do sing in church, not regularly though (and especially not lately, because sometimes we also have tapings on Sundays huhu) - I used to be able to strum a few chords on the guitar, but at the moment, I think I can only do a G, D, E and C hahaha :p

I finished Grade 1 on the piano though and can play chords on it. :)

Anonymous on the blog:
"Hi, you have mentioned about being insecure at times. I would like to ask if how did you handle it? Because I do also experience it, most of us do, and it really sucks as far as i know. -____-

Anyway, I know that our Lord have something special for you in your journey. God bless you! :)"

Hi there!

I saved your question for last, as you might have noticed. :) Thanks for asking this. Yes, insecurity sucks - big time. To answer your question, I honestly don't know how to handle it either- because I'm still insecure up to now. Especially now that my life has been made a spectacle for the whole Philippines to see and peer into. The harsh reality that I've learned in my 21 years on this earth and at the same time, joining TVOTP is that I WILL NEVER PLEASE ANYONE. The truth is, honey, there will always be girls (or guys) who are better, smarter, richer, more talented, more good-looking than you - always.

I think the problem lies in the fact na society tells us to ignore what the rest of the world tells us and mind our own business - be confident in yourself. Etc. BUT HOW CAN YOU KUNG ANG SAKIT DIBA? Welcome to my world.

I believe this solution only gives a false sense of confidence kasi you're focused on the WRONG IDEA. When reality steps in again, and you come across a person who has the whole package - or something you wish you had, you can't help but feel that sinking feeling again.

So going back to your question, how did I handle my insecurity - I didn't. I let my Father in Heaven handle it for me. I gave Him the full Authority to validate me. - Because if I tried seeking that sort of validation from someone else, I'd probably only get disappointed when we get into an argument and they start talking about me behind my back. How could I seek my true identity from someone who also trying to find their own? So I go to the one who formed me - knows me inside and out.

You could call it cliche, or even absurd. But when the painful comments start reeling in and I feel like i'm being torn to pieces, all I do is look to my Jesus to be made whole again. :)

Thanks for asking this, again. Insecurities and validation is a topic that I feel is right under my department. I'm thinking of holding a talk about it someday, God-willing. I know that there are too many girls who simply fall victim to this and don't know where to turn to. I want them to know that it happens to the best of us, and I'm here to listen.

-------------------------------------------

Thank you everyone for taking part on my first Wondering Wednesday's post! :) Keep the questions coming, and see you next week. :)


Deb

Comments

  1. Waiting for Nxt Week's Blog :) Stay pretty and GodFearing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the Way Here's my Question: What can u say about your Experience on ManilaOutbreak(4/14/12) ? :) I'm also from twitter @zzniv tnx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the answer i have read it! So encouraging. Keep it up and inspire more! and do it for Christ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a girl crush?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment