21 Years Is No Joke



Next to Jesus, I've never seen a love quite like my parents'. Theirs is one that has been tested by time and humps and bumps along the way, and yet today still stands strong. Their relationship is a testament of God's grace and faithfulness: how He's always provided, always forgiven, and always loved our family for 21 years.

Even though at times I seem to look as if I am ungrateful for all they've done for me, it's quite the opposite. I'm thankful for the way I was raised by my parents, my mum in particular, who always says she's training me for when I have a family of my own some day. I look up to my dad, and sometimes secretly look for traits of his that I want my future husband to have. If someone asked me "if there was anything I wanted to change about my childhood, what would it be?", I'd tell them I wouldn't want to change a thing because I had a great and happy childhood and it's all thanks to my mum and dad. I wouldn't want to have been raised any other way. My idea of love and what it's like to have a family has been greatly shaped and influenced by the way my own parents love each other and how that love extends to me and my brother Jared.

Happy 21st Anniversary, mom and dad. I love you! May our Lord bless you more and more as His love shines through the both of you. <3

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary to Tito Val and Tita Amy! :)

    Hahah. FC lang. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! I just want to say hello and you look so lovely day by day. :)





    From your secret admirer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment