Breaking Silence

Hello everyone,

My apologies (to my 0 readers and random passers-by haha) if I missed an entry last week. So much has happened over the past few days that it was difficult to pull my thoughts together and write anything.

Actually, come to think of it - I didn't stop writing last week. It's just that most of my efforts did not go into my personal blog, but instead a position paper I was preparing with two other brothers in Christ regarding a particular matter. What that matter is, i'd much rather not disclose in full detail using this medium, as I wouldn't want to spark any debate or confusion. (That's what the paper is for) However, what I do promise is that if you ask me personally, or would like a copy of the position paper, I would be more than happy to send it your way.

---

It's amazing to me how so much could change in just a week, or even within the span of 2 years. Yesterday, I was speaking to a friend of mine and happened to scroll up the chat window to see our past exchanges which occurred two years ago. It was interesting to see how much my position has changed from them, and to recall the events leading up to where I am today. It only proves to me that the Lord's sanctifying work is constant and true.

Even Nate, my boyfriend, and the other person I referred to  who co-authored the position paper earlier, has mentioned how his views and convictions have changed as well. They have grown so much. We all have. And I have only the Lord to thank for that; how we do not have to be divided in convictions.

I finally understand what it means when they say that the True Gospel is divisive and offensive. I have witnessed that for myself. I see it happening inside my home. I see how it is happening among friends, and even within a community of believers. It's mind-blowing to witness how true this principle is, but it is definitely not a cause for celebration. 

Through all of this, one thing is for certain, my love for the Lord and His Word has only increased over time. Throughout this whole ordeal, the message of 2 Corinthians 4 was resounding in my heart: How God's Word must not be tampered with (v. 1-2), and I cannot say anything more (or say less), lest I reduce its potency. For my understanding of it is only possible when Christ illuminates His truth in my heart, through grace (v. 4-6). And because it is His truth, not mine - His gospel is often accompanied with affliction, persecution, and being perplexed or struck down; and yet we do not have to worry when we speak up about what we believe, for the Lord is able to renew our spirits as we place our hope in an Eternal Glory - His, and not our own. (v. 7-17)

One thing I am also certain of in the midst of this whole ordeal, is that people will be returning to the Lord and seek Him with much more zeal. I've already seen it: men and women who used to silently sit and watch by the sidelines are rising up. There has been a great call to serve Him and serve those around them. And while it appears that I and a few others will be unable to answer that call now, moving forward, there is hope in our hearts that a possible "reformation" will take place. But for now, this is all we can do. This is all we have been doing since the start.

Ahh but I've said too much now, haven't I?

Comments