Welcome to Wondering Wednesdays!

HI GUYS!

I know, I know, I know - it's been WAYYY too long since my last post. I really have a bad habit of leaving this blog hanging when I get too caught up with things. I guess it's only appropriate that I start this post with a quick update on where I've been:

The first, and probably one of the more obvious reasons for my absence, is that I recently joined a reality talent competition called The Voice Of The Philippines. It's been a pretty crazy ride so far, and I'm super overwhelmed to be here standing alongside some well-established and veteran artists in the music scene. I'd have to admit that there are times when my insecurity issues kick in, because I realize that I have absolutely no professional experience in singing - especially when the comments start reeling in. (Yes, I read all the comments: facebook, twitter, youtube. ALL OF THEM) But you know what, WHAT THE HEY- It already means a lot that I made it to top 120 for Blind Auditions (out of tens of thousands of hopefuls, would you believe) and its another thing to actually be part of #TeamBamboo (aaaand, I can't believe I just used a hashtag for a blog post). So to the comments, I'll say "YES, I agree. I am probably the most undeserving person in the competition, but that only makes being here much much more sweeter." Rest assured, though that I'm training my hardest for Battles and I'm not going down without a fight. So wish me luck! Haha :)

Okay, I'll probably leave the updates at that first. Do let me know though if you'd like to hear about it and I can put up a totally separate blog post on just that.

Anyway, I have a certain agenda to this post, as the blog title indicates. I'd like to try something new and introduce Wondering Wednesdays. During the middle of the week, I'll be open to answering any questions that any of you may have for me - as long as it isn't too outrageous of course! (outrageous could range from questions with malicous, crude, impolite or provocative content to questions that may require me to reveal too much personal information) Just to give you guys a heads up, I still have the discretion to select which questions I prefer answering, but I will still try my best to answer everyone's questions!

Why am I doing this, you might ask? Particularly because I wanna bring some life into this old blog of mine haha, but also I kinda noticed that since joining TVOTP, a lot of fan pages and accounts of myself have sprung up on the social media sites. And while I can't avoid or won't even dare stopping that, I feel the need to be able to express my true self, other than by means of music. Something I can label as my own talaga. So take this as a "welcome to my life" kind of post. HAHA.

So here's how it goes:
1. There are three ways you can ask me questions during Wondering Wednesdays:
 - one way is by posting on the comments section of my recent Wondering Wednesday post here on my blog (if we're starting next week, that would be THIS POST)
- posting a question on my Official Fan Page's wall or sending me a message on the page
- or tagging me in a question on my Official Twitter

2. Don't forget to include the hashtag #WonderingWednesdays and #AskDeb when posting to Twitter or Facebook

3. It doesn't have to be Wednesday to ask a question! :) You may ask questions any day of the week, but I'll simply compile all of them and answer them on Wednesdays

4. At the end of every Wednesday i'll pick the best questions and compile all the answer to post here on my blog. :)

5. Again, no outrageous questions please! But I'm open to every question, doesn't have to necessarily be about music or TVOTP. This blog (for those that have been long following it) after all, was meant to be a beauty and lifestyle-inspirational blog after all, so even if it's about asking for advice or whatnot, GO LANG NG GO! :) 


Edit: OFFENSIVE QUESTIONS WILL BE DELETED. May mga girls that are younger than me who read this blog dahil gusto ko sanang maka-reach out sa kanila to inspire them. So please make all your posts, questions and comments SFW/Polite/Demure/CLEAN :) THANK YOU


And there we have it. :) Btw, I probably mentioned this way before, but I feel the need to express this. I'd have you know that I only have ONE of each social media account, all of which I manage on my own. As for my private account, well, I like to keep this amongst my personal friends and family, people whom I have truly built relationships with. So I'm going to lay this out on the table:


IF YOU HAPPEN TO "ADD" A PARTICULAR DEBORAH VICTA ON FACEBOOK AND KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WE HAVE NEVER MET OR HELD A LONG CONVERSATION IRL, THEN THAT PROBABLY ISN'T ME. :)

Phew, glad that's out of the way. Okay - so without further adieu,  welcome to Wondering Wednesdays! I hope through this I get to know a lot more of you better, and vice versa. :)

Take Care!
Deb

Comments

  1. Can you describe your dream guy please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was backreading your past posts here in your blog. I would have to say that your event posts (and even the random thoughts) are very encouraging. :)

    I saw a video of you singing "Your Grace still amazes me". I was wondering if you've been singing in church before? Also, do you play the guitar and/or the keyboard?

    Hmm. I guess that's it. Haha. thanks and more power to you, Deb. God bless you. :) #TeamBamboo rocks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blogging world missed you Ate Deb! Yaaaaaaaay. Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, you have mentioned about being insecure at times. I would like to ask if how did you handle it? Because I do also experience it, most of us do, and it really sucks as far as i know. -____-

    Anyway, I know that our Lord have something special for you in your journey. God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't think of yourself as undeserving to be in the comp. you are there because your coach Bamboo heard talent in your voice, delivery... Something that caught his attention which was enough for him to press the button. Own it! Do your utmost best. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you HunnyBee, that was kindest thing anyone has said to me - truly. Salamat and God bless you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment