September Faves & Where Have I Been?

If I had one word to describe what went down these past 2 (well, almost 2) months that I've been gone, I have this to say: HECTIC.

Not that I hate it though. :) It's been a rollercoaster ride for me as I took on a corporate job in a popular local nail polish brand. I loved working there, but at the end of the day, I realized that my passion for color cosmetics actually comes in second to my passion for organizing events. So I pursued putting up an events company with a partner of mine. It's been quite a journey, if I must say. But I super thank God for guiding us through it. :)

Anyway, let's get down to business. This post will be relatively short. I have a business plan and a cash flow sheet just waiting to be filled out after I write you all this quick update on what I've been raving about this September teehee :)) :

1. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

I've only heard about Great Lash from friends and family who have been to the States, but have never actually read any reviews on this mascara. So initially, I had no idea about it - just some knowledge that it actually existed. That all changed my friend and officemate, Venice, came home from her month-long Vacation Leave from the US. She decided to bring me home a pack as her "pasalubong" (awww - sweetie! :3) and it was only then when I found out about all the raves. I couldn't agree more.



I LOVE this stuff. Makes me wonder why Maybelline Philippines doesn't sell it here. It does exactly what it says on the package - gives me loads of lashes, spreading them out evenly. You see, I have a bit of an issue with my lashes. I don't really worry so much about length and volume since I already have both. My lashes are thick and lengthy but tend to droop, so it's really difficult for me to keep them curled throughout the day. What I really need is a mascara that will help me separate my lashes, since they're kinda sparse and are clumped together most of the time (I literally have to use a lash comb first before curling and applying mascara, and then brush them again to keep them separated! It's really tedious) and help the curl stay on for a long time. This mascara is my savior.

2. Etude House Shading Compact

My search for an affordable matte bronzer is OVER. Need I say more? 

Price? Check! Shade? Check! Packaging? CUUUTE!  

P248. That's P1.75 cheaper than the ELF shimmering bronzer. (P249.75 - plus I hate shimmer on bronzer) I got this at the SM Department store in Makati, so I'm not sure how it costs in the actual Etude House boutique. It could be cheaper. If I know my beauty stores well (because I work in the beauty industry), I know for a fact that Watson's sells their products a tad bit more pricey (like an addt'l P5+) than what they go for in their actual retail outlets.

And to think, I wasn't planning on buying anything that day. :)) But when I saw this baby, I just knew I had to get it - and good thing, because this was the last one in stock (in my shade) that day! :) This isn't impluse buying. This is being practical. :))

3.  The Face Shop premiere Lash Curler

Kinda reminds me of Shiseido's 24k Gold limited edition lash curler. I've been trying to wait this item out for the longest time, but every time I pay a visit to the store - they were always out of stock. So finally last weekend, when I dropped by TFS ATC and found out they had fresh stocks, I bought myself a pair!


Comes with 2 free rubber refills too! Not too shabby for a P209 lash curler (again, WAYY cheaper than the ELF deluxe curler. Haha! ELF talaga peg eh no?)

4. The Down 'n Dirty Dash

Okay, okay. Call it a lame attempt to promote my event, but whatever. For the past few days, I've been living, breathing, thinking, sleeping and eating (?) Triple D. It's been such a blast planning this event with my partner Jikay. :)

check us out on www.facebook.com/thedownanddirtydash or follow us on twitter @tripledrun!


Unfortunately and fortunately, the run won't be following it's original date, October 13, because our co-presentor (Asian Hospital) requested for it to be moved in light of the opening of it's new Breast Clinic. Triple D will now serve as the culminating event for the opening of the new center. The run is now set to happen on December 1, in Nuvali Sta. Rosa.

5. Bon Chon Chicken

My final fave for the month is BON CHON. Anytime. Anywhere. Whether I'm up north or down south; whether its for a meeting, a pre-prod, or just to grab some grub. My partner, Jikay and I always find ourselves ending up in this place. :)) Funny, hindi pa kami nagsasawa.

In fact, Jikay and I were just there last night! Hahaha :)
So there. At least you guys know what I've been up to lately - places I've been and people I've seen and thing's I've done. We've only 3 more months 'til the close of this year, would you believe? 2012 went by so fast and Jesus has taught me so many things in these past 7 months. :) I could say with all my heart that this was a great and eventful year for me, and the best part is IT ISN'T EVEN DONE YET. :) I'm super duper excited for the brand new projects and opportunities we'll be getting as we bring this year to a close. :)

I promise I'll try to update more. As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I recently resigned from Corporate so I could actually concentrate on building my business, Event Horizon Productions. But I think that story deserves a post of it's own. :))

What were your favorites for September? :)

<3 Deb

Comments