Rest for the Weary


It just never ends, does it?

My cousin Rejoice walked away from a hold up tonight. She got on a cab from Makati Ave (Manila Peninsula) with plate number PNT 858 (PALAND). She didn't notice that the front passenger seat was pushed and reclined forward, which made the man hiding in front unnoticable from the tinted car windows. It was a good thing that prior to riding the cab, she was already able to text the details to her boyfriend.

She lives in Shaw, but she was let off at Q. Ave - with all her valuables stolen from her. (earings, atm cards, money, watch, etc) I can only thank God AGAIN and AGAIN that she is unharmed, without a scratch - and she had the presence of mind to save at least one of her phones so she could contact us after. We picked her up and dropped her off at her house at 12:30 tonight.

I can only imagine all the emotions she must be going through right now. Funny, one of the verses we went through tonight in Family Bible Study was 2 Corinthians 1:3-4:

 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."

Makes me thank Him even more for the trauma I went through last week- without it I wouldn't know how exactly to comfort my cousin. I couldn't help but cry with her and hugged her tight when I saw her. I don't even want to start thinking about the things that could have led to after the hold up. Three men in a cab with a defenseless young lady. OH LORD. You truly truly TRULY protect Your Children.

Though I know most of it, I'm still waiting for the exact full story from her. We didn't have much time to talk when we picked her up since we were coordinating with whole family and let everyone know that Rejoice was safe. Besides, I think it'd be best if you heard this from her instead.

----
UPDATE (July 15): Rejoice has come out with a statement on her incident. Read the full story on her blog: http://delayinggratification.blogspot.com/2012/07/experiencing-presence-of-god-in-hands.html
----

As for my dilemma, I think most of you would be relieved to know that action has been or is being taken. My father told me of this news report in TV Patrol last Wednesday about a Police stake-out at the exact area of my hold-up last week. It's been reported that a group of teenage boys were arrested, for being caught in the act of hold up (they had to set them up for it to prove it was really them) - I'm praying that somehow it was my assailants.

At least I can rest in the fact that tonight, and for the rest of our lives, I and my whole family are in Good Hands.

Comments